CORY R. LAIRD
Managing Partner & Attorney, Cory R. Laird is an experienced trial attorney whose work is recognized at a statewide and regional level. Cory is adept in handling a wide array of complex litigation matters and has represented businesses and individuals in wrongful death actions, multi-million-dollar real estate development cases, civil rights actions, professional negligence cases, complex tort litigation, construction litigation, and many other types of disputes.
Local Presence & Beyond
As the firm’s Managing Partner, Cory believes that he can have an impact today while also acting as a steward for our future generations. He is passionate about advocating for his clients and community. He is licensed in all state and federal courts in Montana, Idaho, North Dakota, Wyoming, as well as the Federal District Courts of Colorado, the United States Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit, and the Tribal Court of the Confederated Salish and Kootenai Tribes of the Flathead Reservation.
Cory was born and raised in Chester, Montana. Growing up on a wheat farm, he learned the importance of hard work and accountability. After high school, he attended Carroll College in Helena, graduating in 1997. That fall, he enrolled in the University of Montana School of Law. He graduated from law school in 2000 and was licensed that same year.
Cory’s ability to deftly analyze issues, formulate and execute a winning strategy, and see the case all the way through trial is unsurpassed in his field. A considerable amount of his legal work is conducted for repeat clients who have trusted him for years. This continuous satisfaction can largely be attributed to Cory’s responsiveness, expertise, and attention to detail. Because of this, many clients feel comfortable referring his services to their friends, family, and other business owners.
Super Lawyer® Recognition
Cory is rated “AV Preeminent” by Martindale-Hubbell’s peer-reviewed rating service and is recognized as a “Super Lawyer” by Mountain States Super Lawyers®, a status awarded exclusively to the top five percent of each state’s attorneys. Cory has been nationally recognized by BestLawyers®. While Cory is proud of these accomplishments, Cory hopes that most of all, his work will be of benefit to his community. He hopes that his legacy will have a lasting impact and pave the way for a brighter tomorrow for future generations.
- Commercial Litigation
- Personal Injury Litigation/Wrongful Death Litigation
- Professional Negligence
- Insurance Litigation
- Complex Tort Litigation
- Real Estate/Construction Litigation
- Employment Law
- Juris Doctorate (J.D.), University of Montana School of Law (2000)
- Bachelor of Arts (B.A.), Carroll College (1997)
- State and Federal Courts of MT, ND, WY, and ID
- United States District Court of Colorado
- United States Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
- Tribal Court of the Confederated Salish and Kootenai Tribes of the Flathead Reservation
Awards & Recognition
• 2022 Super Lawyers® – Thomson Reuters
• 5-Years Rated by Super Lawyers®
• 2023 National Recognition by Best Lawyers®
Awards & Recognition
- 2022 AV Preeminent Peer Rated for Highest Level of Professional Excellence – Martindale-Hubbell®
- 2022 Super Lawyers® – Thomson Reuters
- 5-Years Rated by Super Lawyers®
- 2023 National Recognition by Best Lawyers®